Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered on network

morrison072
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since the storm and powercuts on Friday the 26th I have had little to no signal at home where there used to h+.

I spoke with a network team member today who advised they would send out a new SIM for me to try in the next 2-3 days. Since then I have not been able to use my phone at all. It shows 3-4 bars but when I try to call 202 or any other number it says not registered on the network. I have reset my network settings and restarted my phone. I have cleaned my son card but still no joy. I have no other means of getting in touch with O2 so can someone please help me out. This was only an issue at home and in my local area now it seems to be everywhere!!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35768 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Hi @morrison072, sorry to hear the storms have nobbled what was already a poor signal in your area. It sounds like you have already done what is suggested in this Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? - and are waiting for O2 to repair the mast closest to you (which can be a while!).

If your handset is capable, and you have a good broadband connection to your house with reliable WiFi, you could try enabling VoWifi, or Wifi Calling, on your handset - O2 Help here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling

This won't help you with missing SMS text messages, though, as WiFi calling does not include SMS on O2 yet (due early 2022, I believe!) - but at least you'll be able to make and receive voice calls so long as you are within range of your home WiFi signal.

Do keep checking your nearest mast status using the app/link mentioned in the Network guide above every day - just to keep the pressure on for O2 to get the repair moving!

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35768 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Hi @morrison072, sorry to hear the storms have nobbled what was already a poor signal in your area. It sounds like you have already done what is suggested in this Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? - and are waiting for O2 to repair the mast closest to you (which can be a while!).

If your handset is capable, and you have a good broadband connection to your house with reliable WiFi, you could try enabling VoWifi, or Wifi Calling, on your handset - O2 Help here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling

This won't help you with missing SMS text messages, though, as WiFi calling does not include SMS on O2 yet (due early 2022, I believe!) - but at least you'll be able to make and receive voice calls so long as you are within range of your home WiFi signal.

Do keep checking your nearest mast status using the app/link mentioned in the Network guide above every day - just to keep the pressure on for O2 to get the repair moving!

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2