Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recieving MMS on samsung A52

mob1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am on a new o2 contract and moved my number to o2 and starting using a new phone samsung A52 but now only receive pictures via text from o2 telling me to go to their website to download.  My previous phone the picture just viewed straight on to my phone. Can anybody tell me how this can be resolved?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@mob1 

Make sure you have your mobile data turned on (even if using wifi).

Text the word ACTIVE to 2020 then save the settings that get sent back.

If neither work, call customer service on 202 to checkyour account setup.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@mob1 

Make sure you have your mobile data turned on (even if using wifi).

Text the word ACTIVE to 2020 then save the settings that get sent back.

If neither work, call customer service on 202 to checkyour account setup.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi @mob1 did the above suggestions work for you?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 6

mob1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The ACTIVE 2020 does not work it just replies saying o2 is busy right now. I ended up doing a web chat earlier where I was told it was because I did not have spend cap.  So I have added one.  It didn't make sense as I dont send picture messages just recieve them from friends and thought the cost would apply to them.  I don't know if the problem has been fixed as I have not recieves any MMS since.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Because you don't have a spend cap?
Priceless - where do they find them slight_smile
As previously advised, CALL. Do not waste your time on chat (although I do wonder if that's still the better option these days).........
Sending an MMS to yourself will prove if you have the correct settings, but you will be charged for the privilege.
It's much better to use WhatsApp for sending and receiving pictures anyway, for 2 reasons,
1 - It works
2 - It's free.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

mob1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well whatever the issue was, it does seem to be resolved now.  A friend resent the MMS and I received it and was able to view it correctly.  Thanks for the help and advice provided.

Message 6 of 6