Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal in my house at all

Luli
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have never been able to get signal in my house, no 3g, 4g or even signal strength. Most of the time i have no service, on rare occasions i get one bar of strength.

At the moment i am relying on wifi calls/data but if my wifi goes down i have nothing to work with. i have checked the signal status and it says i should have good-excellent signal in my area but this isnt the case. what can be done?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Luli 

Indoor coverage can never be guaranteed to due the effect that building materials have on signals.

Do you get a better signal if you go outside?

You may also find that switching to 2g only will give a better signal for calls and texts.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Luli 

Indoor coverage can never be guaranteed to due the effect that building materials have on signals.

Do you get a better signal if you go outside?

You may also find that switching to 2g only will give a better signal for calls and texts.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Luli
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

no better outside the house, you have to go to the next street!!

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

You must be in a blackspot then @Luli 

Signal maps are just computer simulations and not very reliable unfortunately.

It's always best to check networks with actual sim cards. You can get free PAYG sims from all networks to try out the options.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Luli
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks will take a look and see if anyone else has better signal strength

Message 5 of 5