Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No plug

EP1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I urgently needed a new phone which arrived very efficiently the next day. Perfect! However without a plug which wouldn’t have been a problem as I have several already. Sadly the cable has been changed and doesn’t fit any of the plugs I have. Very frustrating as I am in meetings all morning. Very wasteful as my plugs are now all redundant! Very expensive as I need to go and buy a new one! Disappointing service. This should be pointed out to customer s transitioning from the older phone. Very cynical marketing by Apple.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I believe newer Apple iPhones  have type USB-C connections for charging. With USB-C you can connect said connector cable either way round, so Apple are going to ditch Lightning connections for USB-C.

Apple don't provide USB charging adaptors with their newer iPhones, you have to buy them separately I believe. 

So USB-C charging cable and plug is what you need. 

It's not 02's fault it is those 'upmarket' Apple designers. I prefer Google Android to iPhones.

😀

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EP1 Hi, you could just purchase a mains to USB adaptor socket, you can then also use it for charging any USB device. They are available on many online retailers or Argos if you need one fast.  

Message 3 of 3