Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 5G after contract upgrade.

M1cky_M
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wondering if anyone has come across this issue and managed to get it resolved. I upgraded my O2 contract from a pay monthly to a 24 month contract yesterday and for some obscure reason I can no longer get 5G signal on my device. I am only allowed to connect to 4G. The phone was receiving signal just fine on 5G the day before that. Also to note is that the mast is approximately two roads over from where I reside, so signal strength is not an issue.  

Please help... I want my 5G back!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35932 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Hi @M1cky_M 

This looks like something you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202 (or specific Payment management number - 0800 902 0217

The links to O2 Social Media team on Twitter or Facebook are just below this post if you want to contact O2 that way.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

M1cky_M
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well after contacting Customer service things have gotten worse before the issue has been resolved. Apparently after I have asked them to check that the account and sim are provisioned for 5G, the sim is only 4G enabled (weird, considering that I was connected to a 5G network before all this). So.. I have now been told that I'm being sent a new 5G sim in the post. Only problem is now this morning my current/ old sim is giving me a message (sim not provisioned) and I am unable to contact service desk to get this resolved because it is my only contact number. I guess I just have to wait for the new sim to arrive and do a sim swap. Am I right in thinking this?

Message 3 of 3