Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mobile phone

KCP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yesterday I purchased a new mobile phone from the Broadmead, Bristol store. Knowing I would need the help of an o2 guru I enquired in store and was told I would need to book online as the guru instore had no availability on Thursday. I was astounded to discover that the only guru availability before next Tuesday was in Weston super Mare, 24 miles away today. I took this up by phone with you yesterday and the lady was very helpful but got the same answer. I go away on Monday for my first holiday since 2019 and wanted an up to date phone for photos, facebook, what's app etc not to mention emails when I was away without having to bother about storage and battery issues.  So I went to Weston today and Ryan the guru was very helpful and took a long time, over 90 minutes, with me and my ageing smart phone. However, because I had never backed up my what's app posts, this needed to be done on my old phone before my new phone could activate what's app, and then the chat history would be transferred to the new phone. But that was taking a long time, as had other things , so eventually Ryan instructed me what to do and I left. It did indeed take a long time when I got home, but although I think the what's app has backed up on my old phone, I have not been able to access anything other than the what's app contacts on my new phone, and none of the chat history. I also cannot see how to access my emails, still coming through on my old phone, or  photos from my old phone, where are they on the new phone, or have they not been transferred? However, facebook has successfully transferred. I'm sure this is all down to my incompetence but I have found it most frustrating and upsetting as I try to prepare for my holiday  and there seems no way of resolving this before I go away, and I have enough to do before then anyway. As your shops are open on Saturday and Sunday I might have hoped it would be possible to resolve this, but apparently not, and I don't want another trip to Weston anyway. As a loyal customer before you were even o2 I hoped for better. I think I will be taking both phones on holiday, which is ridiculous. Am I the first o2 customer who has been left thinking they are ignorant and/or incompetent when facing these issues? That's why I knew I needed a guru, but clearly for even longer than the long time he gave me. I'm disappointed  and upset to find myself in this situation. I can do without it.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@KCP 

Unfortunately I can imagine all appointments are booked by other customers, and with the current covid protocols in place they are also limiting the amount of customers they can see each day and not offering walk in appointments. 

Add to the fact staff are being pinged to self isolate. 

This is the way of the world at them moment not just at o2.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@KCP 

Unfortunately I can imagine all appointments are booked by other customers, and with the current covid protocols in place they are also limiting the amount of customers they can see each day and not offering walk in appointments. 

Add to the fact staff are being pinged to self isolate. 

This is the way of the world at them moment not just at o2.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2