Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network support

Hezzie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just moved into a new area (S73 9QU) and as I knew it was going a few weeks before my BT line and broadband was going to be fitted, I signed up for a 12 month contract with O2 to get 125mb of data.

The 4G signal is horrendous, getting between 0.4Mb of data and 1.5Mb on a good day, my wife is on Giff Gaff and experiencing the same speeds (O2 carrier). I have spent 1 hour 40 minutes on chat doing all the checks and it hasn't changed anything.

I knew it wasn't my phone as I travel around for work and never have a problem, so I drove 2 miles up the road and did another speed test and got an incredible 94Mb.

Technical support rang me and said they'd look into it, today I got a text saying there was no issues.

I live in a populated area and can't see how anyone can think these speeds are acceptable. My wife's work phone is on EE and we are getting 22.5Mb of download speeds sitting on the same settee at home. It is the same speed inside and out.

If O2 can't give me a realistic speed could I terminate my contract without penalty and move to EE.

Thank you.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Hezzie 

You have 14 days to cancel penalty free.

After that you have to pay the full amount of contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/our-change-of-mind-policy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Have you checked for any issues on the status webpage (www.status.o2.co.uk)?
Try there and see if any issues have been reported.
Also try downloading the o2 mynetwork app and report a problem.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

Ulverstonian
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Hezzie have a look at my thread it covers most of the questions you have asked and the forum members were very helpful - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/O2-Gurus/Slow-data-speeds/m-p/1413172#M5184
Message 5 of 5