Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network problems in KT10 0UD area

RGT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There have been network problems in this area for several weeks (more than 😎 now. I keep getting messages on my email saying everything is fixed but calls keep dropping out and when I go on the network status page it tells me there are still problems. I was given a small reduction in my monthly bill  for a couple of months because of the failure but what I really want is service. 

Anyone else similarly frustrated with the situation? 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35932 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Hi, @RGT - a list of things you can do here to check, one of which is to use the O2 Network Status Check tool daily for your postcode, O2 receive the reports every time a unique access is made to the tool; Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

One thing you might consider, if you have good home broadband and WiFi, is to set your phone up for WiFi calling, if it is capable, more detail in the main O2 website by searching for your phone model. https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Sometimes setting your phone to use the 3G signal can get better data download speeds.

I had similar some years ago, 5 O2 phones in the house, none could get a signal - I kept pestering O2 Social Media as well as having each phone run the network status check daily. Took over 5 weeks, from memory.

Glad you got some refund, good luck with the WiFi calling.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35932 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Hi, @RGT - a list of things you can do here to check, one of which is to use the O2 Network Status Check tool daily for your postcode, O2 receive the reports every time a unique access is made to the tool; Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

One thing you might consider, if you have good home broadband and WiFi, is to set your phone up for WiFi calling, if it is capable, more detail in the main O2 website by searching for your phone model. https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Sometimes setting your phone to use the 3G signal can get better data download speeds.

I had similar some years ago, 5 O2 phones in the house, none could get a signal - I kept pestering O2 Social Media as well as having each phone run the network status check daily. Took over 5 weeks, from memory.

Glad you got some refund, good luck with the WiFi calling.

Message 2 of 2