Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network/Data Issue unresolved

GOLDI3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since January 2021 I noticed that the data signal became very very poor in my area (London SE17) to the extent that a speedtest cannot even complete producing network error messages. It takes numerous attempts to run the speedtest and if one does finally complete it is approximately between 0.5 to 2.0 Mbps download and between 0.0 to 4.0 Mbps upload - these speeds are dreadful.

Later I discovered that a local mast was down, and upon receiving an update that the issue was resolved I discovered that my data issue and not improved so I again contacted customer services.

I have not one but two contracts with O2 where I am the account holder for both. I repeatedly contacted customer services as the issue remained. I advised that it is not an issue with my phones, the sim nor the settings as this does not occur anywhere else but the local area where I reside. Regardless, O2 operatives had me reset my network connections, try a different phone and even replace my sim cards - none of which worked.

During the difficulty of lockdown and COVID-19 I was unable to rely on O2 to provide a reasonable data connection and was forced to install a third-party home broadband for an additional monthly cost just to obtain an internet connect regardless of paying O2 for both my contracts every month for a service I was not receiving.

I recently called customer services again on 30/07/2021 who advised that I would receive a call back from someone from their technical team. I received a call back the following day 31/07/2021 and was advised to use an app to record and make note of speedtest results and someone would call me back. Just over a week later I received a callback and provided numerous results and he credited only one of my contracts. He advised that I will be compensated but I have had any further communication from O2.

Since January 2021 until now including the applied credit, I have paid in excess of £140 for both my contracts for a service that I am not receiving. In addition to this, I have been paying Virgin Media for home broadband - I understand that O2 may not be able to compensate for a third party, however this has occurred as a direct result of not being provided with data from O2.

Could somebody kindly please advise what I can do or how to get this rectified. The O2 Status checker is evidently inaccurate and I am tied of having to keep reporting the same issue with no resolve.

Please somebody point me in the right direction to sort this out. Thank you in advance 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I would be making a complaint

It may take a while to get a deadlock letter and then to look at leaving the network without penalty

Complaints link here

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I would be making a complaint

It may take a while to get a deadlock letter and then to look at leaving the network without penalty

Complaints link here

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 2 of 2