Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NG22 9NG

simontrotter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Big Fake Festival Walesby NG22 9NG, NO SERVICE HERE 3-5 Sept 2021. Coverage checker shows perfect 4G broadband but no no no, there was no coverage. Why does the coverage checker give a false indication.?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The O2 coverage in Ollerton is 3-4 bars on Whinney Lane, but as soon as you get out towards Walesby it's dire (Barely any 3G) & the festival was out in sticks between those 2 locations. As that is my stomping ground I moved away from O2. Twas a good festival tho, I was sent highlights from a friend (on EE) 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@simontrotter 

The coverage checker is not a live signal meter and cannot take into account load on individual masts.

If you get a lot of people all on one mast, it slows down. Simples slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@simontrotter 

Never had any issues down that neck of the woods, but it is in the middle of a forest..... but all coverage checkers are just computer predictions for coverage. 

As no network sends out a person to check the coverage.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The O2 coverage in Ollerton is 3-4 bars on Whinney Lane, but as soon as you get out towards Walesby it's dire (Barely any 3G) & the festival was out in sticks between those 2 locations. As that is my stomping ground I moved away from O2. Twas a good festival tho, I was sent highlights from a friend (on EE) 

Message 4 of 5

simontrotter
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A bit late on my reply but if your still about thx for the answer, will know next time, ‘‘twas a pretty good festival tho.

Message 5 of 5