Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to O2 - old number problem

SCarlo12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently joined O2 with my new iPhone 12 Pro Max on a monthly contract and have used a PAC code to bring my old number from EE over to O2. This PAC code request I called and spoke to an agent and she explained that it would activate on my new phone last week which it did. I followed her instructions about turning off phone/restarting with O2 sim in my new phone and once it said O2 network on the phone it was ready to use. The agent also instructed that I change my contact card number to my OLD number (which it already was). 

The problem now is that if I text/call someone my O2 number (given to me when I received the new phone) is now showing up as my number when in fact my contract and account says my number is my OLD one. Why is the temporary O2 number (not my current one) coming up on other people's phones? And why are people unable to contact me via text/phone as well? 

I am confused as to why my new phone has my OLD number (which I want it to have) but when I try and contact someone/them me, it comes up as my temporary O2 number which is now no longer in service...? 

Please advise.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

On the phone

Go to  settings/phone/my number

Insert the correct number and then reboot the phone

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

On the phone

Go to  settings/phone/my number

Insert the correct number and then reboot the phone

Message 2 of 4

SCarlo12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Amazing this has sorted the problem - thank you for your support.
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions