cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistake on Big Bundle information

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

There is a mistake on the tariff information page for Big Bundles! It reads as follows:-

£10 Big Bundle

Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 7GB of 2G/3G/4G data in exchange for £10 each month. Includes data rollover of up to 7GB a month, subject to bundle caps.

£15 Big Bundle

Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 15GB of 2G/3G/4G data in exchange for £15 each month. Includes data rollover of up to 15GB a month, subject to bundle caps.

£20 Big Bundle

Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 30GB of 2G/3G/4G data in exchange for £20 each month. Includes data rollover of up to 30GB a month, subject to bundle caps. Plus, discounted international calls from the UK starting at 1p/min. Check these rates here.

£30 Big Bundle

Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 100GB of 2G/3G/4G data and 500 international minutes to 29 countries, in exchange for £30 each month. Includes data rollover of up to 100GB a month, subject to bundle caps. Plus, discounted international calls from the UK starting at 1p/min. Check these rates here.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

They are not Big Bundles! (apart from £5 Big Bundle)

They are Data Big Bundles!

If they were Big Bundles then the £10 Big Bundle should read:

1000 texts, 250 mins of calls, and 500mb of data.

I wonder if 02 are clever enough to spot the mistake! I hope they can correct it!

😀
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Well now I'm confused?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
These are not the original Big Bundles.

I was on £10 Big Bundle with 1000 texts, 250 mins of calls and 500mb of data but I changed to Data Big Bundle with the rates above using a code.

If I'd hadn't changed to £10 Data Big Bundle I'd still be on £10 Big Bundle which isn't those rates.

They are Data Big Bundles, not Big Bundles.
Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
They are the current big bundles.
The allowances have changed many times since your example.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
No you are wrong in assuming the allowances have changed.

£10 Big Bundle is still 1000 texts, 250 mins and 500mb. It is still the same.

The tariffs are Data Big Bundles, not Big Bundles.

They never changed and £10 Big Bundle should say Data Big Bundle
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
OK mate wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can tell you don't believe me! 😂

I myself was on £10 Big Bundle at 250 mins, 1000 texts etc but I texted a code myself to 02 and changed to the Data Big Bundles with unlimited calls and 7GB as shown on the website now. My point is I did the change myself, and would still be on those smaller rates had I not changed. I wasn't automatically moved over.

It's going to be confusing for 02 when you ring them up and say you want £10 Big Bundle when actually you get the £10 Data Big Bundle! But it's their own fault for calling it Big Bundle twice!

By the way one of my phone's is still on 02 Pay and Go Talkalot! That seems quite ancient now, but I'm still on it after 15 years with 02! It's like a marriage!

😂
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You are correct in that the changes are not automatic, but they are the new rates for anyone joining or moving to one of those tariffs.
Still they are the only rates available for phone tariffs now in those circumstances.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, but my point is on the 02 webpage they come from they are have typed them as Big Bundle, when actually they are Data Big Bundle.

If you join, say '£10 Big Bundle' at 7GB and unlimited texts going by that webpage the account name shown on My02 is £10 Data Big Bundle, not to be confused with the other £10 Big Bundle which is the smaller rates I previously mentioned.

So someone just needs to alter that on the 02 site those tariffs are listed which is

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

and change £10 Big Bundle to £10 Data Big Bundle, as that is what they are.

Do you know how to go about this and show 02 the mistake?

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
There is no mistake.
There are no smaller rates available for new or moving customers.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13