cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast issues in ME10 3RN for over 21 months and counting!!!

Rdlangy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having contacted O2 about poor signal in ME10 3RN postcode back 21 months ago, I was told and verified by the network checker that a nearby mast wasn't working. On a weekly basis from that moment and still going on today, I get texts and emails to say the nearby mast in my area isn't working, then id get another one saying engineers were working on the mast a few days later. This has continued, without fail for the last 21 months!!! atleast 2 texts and emails a week, one stating its not working, and one stating its being repaired.

Its obvious that the mast IS NOT being repaired at all - as I am unable to hold a phonecall when out and it constantly cuts out, drops the signal to "E" and sometimes drops out 100% completely.

Is there anyone I can complain to that might ACTUALLY get engineers to go and fix the mast once and for all??? Or even check it???? getting update msgs and emails that are obviously falsified weekly is extremely disheartening, and also frustrating from what is meant to be one of the UK's best mobile networks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143428 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Rdlangy1 

I would hazard a guess that the mast has been decommissioned for some reason.

I'll ask one of our community team to see what they can find out for you.

@Martin-O2 @lewys-gp @RafaC 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Rdlangy1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you  -- that would be a great help 😁

Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Rdlangy1 

Looks like it could be one of 5 masts that cover that area...  

And all of them will have different access requirements, it could be on land where the company has gone to the wall, it could be the local council wont let anyone dig up the roads to put in new backhaul or install new masts, major works going on where the mast is . Parts shortages across the IT world.... Brexit (as Network kit is usually built outside of the UK)..... Customs delays the list goes on and on

I would suggest that logging a formal complaint with o2 https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

This still wont force an engineer to go out.... 

That is no guarantee 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 8

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Rdlangy1 we've raised your query with the team and we will see what we can find out. 

@MI5 thanks for the tag.

Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Rdlangy1 Do any of the other networks get good service in your area? If so, I would be asking O2 for compensation for the length of time this has taken, and would be switching networks. I'm puzzled as to why you're still with O2 without service for nearly two years?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

Rdlangy1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Vodafone and EE both have good coverage in the area.

Message 7 of 8

Rdlangy1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I had a call from the resolutions team who said that Upto 3 of the masts in the area are showing as not working, but they cannot say for how long as the system only shows the latest fault which was at the start of September for most of them. They said however the main reason for the inability to make calls is due to congestion of the 4G network in the area. This had been an issue for over 12 months and was totally out of their control and so she could not uphold my complaint and it would be marked closed.

i said surely if that many masts are down the congestion is going to be bad? Also that those masts have been down for 20+ months as I kept getting notifications weekly about them and so why wernt they fixed and got told it was due to pandemic issues, short staffing numbers, and lack of resources through 2021!?!?!?

Was basically told there is nothing else that could be done and to contact the communications ombudsman if I wanted to take it further!

Message 8 of 8