Did you mean: 

MOBILE NOT WORKING FOR FOUR WEEKS

Anthony1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

For the past 4 weeks I have been unable to recieve or send emails from my mobile when indoors.

When I step outside emails start coming through.

I raised a case some three weeks back and was given a case number and then had a call from a tech team member who advised things would be monitored, that it was not a SIM problem, but probably network and someone would call me in 5 working days which has not happened.

Called in again yesterday, 7 April, and then had a text telling me everything fixed, which not the case as emails still not  working when indoors, so replied by text saying so and had another text that someone would contact me in 48 hours.

Today, 8 April, I am not getting emails when in OR out AND I can no longer send texts or whats app messages with photo attachments.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

SRV
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Anthony1 In this case it is likely a network related issue to do with the signal strength in your area or possibly a SIM card issue.

As for the network status, you can monitor this with the My Network app which you can download for iPhone and Android (but you will unfortunately need an internet connection to do this!). From there you can receive text message updates for any events in your area regarding signal issues - or fixes.

You can also request a new SIM card, but this will require a call to customer services who are currently experiencing extending waiting times, plus 3-5 days postage in the worst case. It may or may not fix the issue, but a SIM swap won’t hurt and will at least rule it out as a point of failure.

Hope this helps.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Message 11 of 16

Anthony1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@SRV thanks an engineer has tried calling me today and says he will call back Friday, will post when I have a resolution....
Message 12 of 16

Anthony1
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
ok thanks but it was all perfect until 3 weeks ago just before lockdown...
Message 13 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12055 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Definitely sounds like a mast issue.
Have you checked your location on status.o2.co.uk and/or the my network app on Play store/iOS app store?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 14 of 16

Anthony1
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am now not getting emails when when out in the street, it says " no connection" !
Message 15 of 16

Anthony1
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Tried most of these, but now I do not even get emails when out in the street, jus says "no connection"....
Message 16 of 16