Did you mean: 

MOBILE NOT WORKING FOR FOUR WEEKS

Anthony1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

For the past 4 weeks I have been unable to recieve or send emails from my mobile when indoors.

When I step outside emails start coming through.

I raised a case some three weeks back and was given a case number and then had a call from a tech team member who advised things would be monitored, that it was not a SIM problem, but probably network and someone would call me in 5 working days which has not happened.

Called in again yesterday, 7 April, and then had a text telling me everything fixed, which not the case as emails still not  working when indoors, so replied by text saying so and had another text that someone would contact me in 48 hours.

Today, 8 April, I am not getting emails when in OR out AND I can no longer send texts or whats app messages with photo attachments.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anthony1 

Please see this link: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Best chance of getting through is 8 am

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Can you receive calls and texts when indoors?
Sounds like you are dropping down a "G" (from 4 to 3 or 3 to 2) so your data effectively stops working.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 16

SRV
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Anthony1 when you are in your house are you connected to a WiFi network or using mobile data? I would recommend either connecting/disconnecting to/from WiFi and trying on mobile data too. Unless your house is not covered by signal, there should be no reason it would work outside but not inside. Also worth checking if you have any other devices connected to the network, such as a tablet, PC or another phone and seeing if they connect or have the same issue as your phone. It may be an issue with your WiFi that your phone is automatically connecting to as opposed to a network issue. Also, as silly as it sounds, I would recommend switching your device off and on again following the case being marked as completed in case there were any account changes that took place. Hope this helps.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Message 4 of 16

Anthony1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, No, do not use WiFi at all...mobile kept as mobile, lap top as lap top, never connected. Phone always being switched off and on. No other devices connected.
Message 5 of 16

Anthony1
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Calls and texts all ok receiving and doing when indoors, and out doors, only emails and now seems photos cannot be sent by text or whats app...how do I rectify this "G" problem if that is what it is?
Message 6 of 16

Anthony1
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
says resource not available
Message 7 of 16

Anthony1
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Think I need that call back from the tech team who said they were investigating !
Message 8 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anthony1 I think it's highly unlikely that anyone will call you back during this current crisis. See if this link provides any answers for you: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-sort-out-my-network-issues/ba-p/1014088

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Basically the different G numbers (G/3G/4G) indicates what type of data connection you have.
The higher the number the "faster" the connection (normally).
In theory if you are on a lower number the message(s) still come through but take longer.
Unfortunately there is little or nothing you can do if this has been happening for a while - it is pretty normal to see some signal drop off when indoors as there is stuff in the way of the signal!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 16