Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning to USB Cable problem

Parky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can someone advise me. A few months ago I bought from my local O2 shop, for £14.99, a Belkin Mixit lightning to USB Cable that they assured me would be suitable for my 5c Apple Phone that my son had passed down to me.  It's worked fine until a few days ago.  Now it charges for a few second and then just shows a message "this accessory may not be supported".

This is worrying, particularly at the time when my husband of 85 years and I are self-isolating.

I managed this morning to online chat with Belkin who were very helpful but said that my product supports higher cost iphone 5S but not the 5c - "using the product on the device may cause some unforeseen issues"

Obviously if the shop weren't closed because of the virus, I would return it to to them and ask what charger is compatible.  I don't want to pay out to order something online and then find that too is no good.

Should be grateful for any helpful advice.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Parky 

Just a standard Amazon basics cable will be fine

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

O2Curtis
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry to hear that its causing you problems...

Can I ask, have you tried another 3 pin plug with the cable does that change anything?

kind regards Curtis

signature
Message 3 of 6

Parky
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have and still get the same message.

Message 4 of 6

Parky
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes and still get the same message

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You'll have to order a new one online for now and return the other one when O2 shops reopen.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6