Did you mean: 

Internet too slow to use

HS1981
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, please could someone help.

We are struggling with our internet access and we can no longer cope with it! We aren’t even half way through our contracts and suddenly the internet on 4G is worse than dial up 20 years ago. We’ve tried all the recommended tips to troubleshoot to no avail. This problem isn’t specific to a phone or SIM card. It’s the same problem on both our phones and is no longer acceptable. We are paying for a service which doesn’t work and both need internet access for work. Please could you advise where we go from here and whether we can be released from our contracts due to the fact you are not providing what we signed up to.

Thanks,

Helen

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@HS1981 

Have you tried setting your phones to 3g as it's sometimes quicker if 4g is congested. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@HS1981 

If you want releasing from your contract you have to pay any termination fees, as per the terms and conditions, the service is not guaranteed to be fault free, and it could be either contention on the mast or a faulty mast, you can check here https://status.o2.co.uk

Also download the My Network app from o2 and report the issue there.

If you are reliant on internet then you should be looking at products provided by OpenReach or Virgin Media especially if on conference calls due to latency on the mobile networks.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@HS1981 

Have you tried setting your phones to 3g as it's sometimes quicker if 4g is congested. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3