Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet signal extremely bad

Sandierose
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I wonder if someone could please help me my o2 internet is so poor and sometimes extremely slow even when just in the house let alone when I’m out in different area.
I use Instagram a lot and it takes a while to load posts especially videos I am unlimited everything and my bill is around £68 a month I used to be with VODAPHONE and now I’m slightly regretting the change as I need my phone for work on my socials so the slow network connection is just no good for me
I have tried to reset network settings and there is still no change I am currently using the iPhone pro max and it’s only two weeks old so surely cannot be the phone if anyone has any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as sadly I’m now considering cancelling my contract because of this

Thank you
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Sandierose Firstly, you cannot cancel your contract without having to pay the entire balance due on your phone, as you have now gone past 14 days, and I doubt that you want to do that:

The Change-Your-Mind Period - If you change your mind about certain Equipment (usually a Mobile Phone) you've bought from us, you may be entitled to return items once and exchange them for another within the 14 day Change-Your-Mind Period. Details will be in your welcome letter or email, or in paragraphs 10, 12 and 13 of the Agreement. You can also ask in an O2 shop or check our Website. If you've taken Equipment from us under a separate Device Plan and you are withdrawing from that Device Plan after the Change-Your-Mind Period, you will have to pay for your Equipment in full. You agree that Services will begin immediately if you already have a SIM Card or when you receive a SIM Card. You'll have to pay for any calls, texts, data and other Charges you've incurred, including during the Change-Your-Mind Period.

If the device is faulty, you can exchange it within the first 30 days: Returns and repairs | Help & Support | O2

Take a look at this guide to see if there's anything that may help: How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

If the guide doesn't help, you can call customer service on 202 from your mobile, or 0800 032 1402.

Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Sandierose Firstly, you cannot cancel your contract without having to pay the entire balance due on your phone, as you have now gone past 14 days, and I doubt that you want to do that:

The Change-Your-Mind Period - If you change your mind about certain Equipment (usually a Mobile Phone) you've bought from us, you may be entitled to return items once and exchange them for another within the 14 day Change-Your-Mind Period. Details will be in your welcome letter or email, or in paragraphs 10, 12 and 13 of the Agreement. You can also ask in an O2 shop or check our Website. If you've taken Equipment from us under a separate Device Plan and you are withdrawing from that Device Plan after the Change-Your-Mind Period, you will have to pay for your Equipment in full. You agree that Services will begin immediately if you already have a SIM Card or when you receive a SIM Card. You'll have to pay for any calls, texts, data and other Charges you've incurred, including during the Change-Your-Mind Period.

If the device is faulty, you can exchange it within the first 30 days: Returns and repairs | Help & Support | O2

Take a look at this guide to see if there's anything that may help: How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

If the guide doesn't help, you can call customer service on 202 from your mobile, or 0800 032 1402.

Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Sandierose
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Of course I don’t want to do that but it is an option if my wifi signal doesn’t take a change for the better anytime soon so I am wondering if there is any reason this could be happening or what I can do to fix it surely this cannot be a common thing.
I have insurance on my phone but I don’t see how a brand new iPhone can be the cause of this then again I’m not the guru when it comes to this kind of stuff.
I would just like a resolution
Message 3 of 4

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Sandierose The building you're in can affect your signal. You need to call customer service in the morning and ask them to enable WiFi calling on your phone. That should help indoors. You can check your signal outdoors here: O2 | Service Status

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4