Im abroad within EU free roaming zone - my pay as you go sim does not work

michalm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello 

I would be grateful for some help.

0. Im using th samsung galaxy s10e phone.

( Currently Im on holidays in Poland - EU - when trying to use roaming (calls, text, data) - my sim cancels all connections).

1. I have a problem when my sim is connected automatically - default - to local network provider  for O2 in Poland - network provider name is "play".

2. Same problem occurs when i change manually for different network provider "orange"- for couple of minutes all works - calls, texts, data, - then the other provider kicks me out from network. 

3. i tried all - other 2 - network providers - there i can not even for a moment register my sim.

4. i tried to reset all network settings. - no effect - even phone-

4.5 access point names is default 

5. i have rebooted the phone and update the android system. - no effect

6. i tried to swap the phone to my new iphone 13mini - same problem - sim does not register to network.

7. Im getting some the voicemail form the O2 but can not answer it or call back.

please help

thank you and regards

michal 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

michalm
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello 

all good now thx again i found different person form call centre - Peter - he explained me that on pay as you go when abroad - although Euro Zone - you must pay for roaming - so that explains everything...finally will top up my account and will activate O2TRAVEL and should work now

anyway many thanks for the help

wish you all the best Sir and Merry Christmas

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@michalm 

Sounds like a roaming bar on your account. 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

michalm
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

thank you Sir

best regards

michal

Message 3 of 6

michalm
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Morning SIr

i tried to call o2 - when finally happened - they say that they cant help me because - im abroad - and only way to make my sim work is to change it to a new one? thats strange what for ? - dont know why there is no chat option like with vodafone with support...hmm im still on holidays for next month and no one can call me only via whats up

Message 4 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

That's a load of rubbish @michalm 

You need to call back to speak to someone else.

The chat option generally appears on the shop pages (o2.co.uk/shop) but rarely anywhere else.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 6

michalm
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello 

all good now thx again i found different person form call centre - Peter - he explained me that on pay as you go when abroad - although Euro Zone - you must pay for roaming - so that explains everything...finally will top up my account and will activate O2TRAVEL and should work now

anyway many thanks for the help

wish you all the best Sir and Merry Christmas

Message 6 of 6