cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to swap from my old mobile phone to a Samsung smart phone but have failed

VivBroadbent
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I need some help please; I'm trying to swap from my old Nokia mobile phone to my new Samsung smart phone. I went through the Swap prtotocols on my old phone, but as my new phone doesn't yet have texting facility, as it has no Sim, how do I input the new SSN number into the new phone? I tried inputting the new Sim using the old phone and got the message, it would take some time, but then got another message saying the process had failed. I'm typing this on my computer, having lost a few hours trying unsuccessfully to get the answer using the new phone.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@VivBroadbent 

You text from your old phone and sim. 

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

VivBroadbent
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

An update: I'm still trying to find some way to put the new Sim number into my new phone. The instructions  on the phone say I need to do that via MyO2, but when I tried to sign in to My O2 on the phone, it is not yet available and can take up to 48 hours! I am really at a loss as to how I can start the activation process and carry across my contacts from my old phone.

Message 3 of 10

VivBroadbent
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for trying. I did exactly that yesterday morning and received a text message saying it was successful but then this morning, I got a message on the old phone, saying the process had failed but with no further instructions. I cannot now ring out on my old phone except for emergency numbers, so I'm in limbo.
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Follow the guide I posted above @VivBroadbent 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I'll ask @O2Waqas to help

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@MI5 Thank you for the tag

@VivBroadbent I will send you a private message so we can look into this further for you 

Thanks 

signature
Message 7 of 10

VivBroadbent
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you @MI5, MUCH appreciated. I'll look forward to O2Waqas' message. Where will I find it; still in this thread or somewhere else? Sorry to be thick, I haven't used this function before.
Message 8 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@VivBroadbent At the top of this page you will see a notice that you have a Private message. Click on that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 10

VivBroadbent
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Bambino, I really appreciate your help.

Message 10 of 10