cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I see detailed usage on my tariff (£10 month, unl. SMS/unl. calls, 5gb data)

johnnydee22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was surprised that I needed to top up mid month, to send a text. With unlimited texts this has never happened before. Is it cos it was a short code recipient? Sending a text to BBC 6music on 64046. No advance warning either. I've sent many texts to short numbers, first time. So I wanna check what happened.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That means you have a free bolt on for Next Generation Text Relay

Unlimited texts and calls does mean unlimited except for some special numbers such as 0870 or 0845

Many short code numbers are free to text but the one for the BBC is chargeable and not covered by your tariff

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

johnnydee22
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I never knew I was on a tariff called NGTR, with costs on calls "reduced"... I thought I had unlimited free calls...

Message 2 of 6

johnnydee22
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Trying to post a photo...

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That means you have a free bolt on for Next Generation Text Relay

Unlimited texts and calls does mean unlimited except for some special numbers such as 0870 or 0845

Many short code numbers are free to text but the one for the BBC is chargeable and not covered by your tariff

Message 4 of 6

johnnydee22
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the super swift reply. I've texted this number many times, had there been a recent change?

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As far as I'm aware it has always been chargeable same as those for local radio.

Message 6 of 6