Did you mean: 

Help with wifi calling on XZ3

kevwat83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I bought a XZ3 because the o2 website said wifi calling is available on this handset without needing o2 firmware. 

I've selected wifi calling on myo2 but there are no options on my phone to turn wifi calling on.

Is turning it on via the website enough? if i need o2 firmware can i install it on my device?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@kevwat83 

Some devices aren't able to have Wifi calling if they don't have O2 firmware. (although it appears yours is fine)

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-callinghttps://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-c... 

Contact O2 to enable it on your account. All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 is currently the best oone to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @kevwat83 did you manage to get this sorted or are you still having trouble with this?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 9

kevwat83
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To be honest, I'm not sure slight_smile

There is nothing on the screen to say the call is now a wifi call, is that right?

I did make a call a few days ago and my friend commented how good the signal was (I like in what appears to be a black hole for O2,Vodafone and 3)

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@kevwat83 

Put phone in airplane mode, turn on wifi and if you can make a call, it's working slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

kevwat83
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why didnt I think of that!! lol

Thanks, will try it
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

kevwat83
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, its not working... my phone just says I need to take it off airplane mode!! 

Can this be rectified? I bought this phone last week specifically because I live in a black spot and the o2 website said it worked without firmware.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@kevwat83 

Did you call O2 to check if enabled on your account?

You also need to go into device settings in your MyO2 to turn it on and then wait 24 hours before rebooting and hopefully, if working, the setings will appear in either your call or network settings.

You must find the switch on phone and turn it on there too.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9