Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUAWEI 4g router drops out

WillTaylor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there, I have a HUAWEI 4g Pocket Hotspot that is less than a year old. It keeps either dropping connection or the connection goes very slow. It isn’t a network problem as when I switch to 4g on my phone it works fine.

Is there any warranty on this device? Or any tips for use? I use this device a lot to run my online business, some advice would be much appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@WillTaylor 

I'd expect a 2 year warranty so probably best to contact Huawei for advice and repair if required.

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/warranty-policy/#:~:text=*%20If%20your%20device%20or%20relate....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@WillTaylor 

I'd start off by resetting it (small pin hole under back cover, depending on device) and then reset your apn if it's not picked up automatically.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Serv...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WillTaylor Hi, as MI5 said I would try a reset. If that doesn't work you could try logging in to the router by entering 192.168.8.1 into a connected devices browser and checking if there is a firmware upgrade available.

Also, If your phone has internet sharing (Check phone settings) You can connect other devices by connecting them to your phone via WiFi (I have found this method to be as good as using a seperate router) 

Message 3 of 8

WillTaylor
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 Thank you! I have tried this before, normally only removing battery and starting again helps.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@WillTaylor 

I'd expect a 2 year warranty so probably best to contact Huawei for advice and repair if required.

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/warranty-policy/#:~:text=*%20If%20your%20device%20or%20relate....

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

WillTaylor
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Great, thank you!
Message 6 of 8

WillTaylor
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Great, thanks I will get onto them
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8