Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gps watches

Family4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought two gps watches for my kids which require sim cards, iv gone to top it up today and it says its been disabled/blocked. Iv done the unlock thing through my 02 but iv had a text to say this hasnt been successful and an email has been sent.

Well i havent received the emails with the explanation. 

So my question is: due to last top up being last year could this have blocked it. 

And how do i unblock?

And what would be the best tarif to have. Both kids are under 10 so i dont want to be putting them on to contracts or giving thwm mobiles with them being so young, so a smart watch allowed me to track them and call them. 

I myself am on a contract plan and dont want it to cost the earth £10, was and is my limit im willing to go to.

The watches are from a company called se tracker

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

If the SIMs have not been used for a year then they have probably been disconnected @Family4.

Calling customer services is your best bet - they MIGHT be able to get the numbers back so long as they have not been recycled.

In terms of which deal, o2 no longer offer "Classic" pay as you go (where you pay for your usage). All PAYG deals are now bundles where you pay a fixed amount for minutes/text/data.

If you want a true pay as you go experience then you would need to look elsewhere - Asda and 1pmobile off them.

There are some alternative numbers to try, and hints on how to get through, in the guide below.

Experience shows the best time to call is 8am.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

If the SIMs have not been used for a year then they have probably been disconnected @Family4.

Calling customer services is your best bet - they MIGHT be able to get the numbers back so long as they have not been recycled.

In terms of which deal, o2 no longer offer "Classic" pay as you go (where you pay for your usage). All PAYG deals are now bundles where you pay a fixed amount for minutes/text/data.

If you want a true pay as you go experience then you would need to look elsewhere - Asda and 1pmobile off them.

There are some alternative numbers to try, and hints on how to get through, in the guide below.

Experience shows the best time to call is 8am.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 2