Did you mean: 

Glasgow Network Problems

Gordon581
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm a pay monthly customer using a Galaxy S10+. Over the last few months I've noticed more and more issues when I try to connect to the internet using my data. My connection is incredibily slow and often times out. In these times of covid track and trace and online menus/ordering it has become a real nuisance. I've done all the stuff I can think of such as restart the phone, check for updates, a factory reset and even replaced my phone cover but nothing has helped. Other members of my family on a different network, have no problems. It can be intermittent and happens all over the city and in open spaces.

Is it likely to be an issue with the Galaxy itself or the network? Any advice appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Gordon581 

I suspect it's due to the amount of traffic on the network. As you say, people are using their phones more and more for everyday things. 

O2 has lots of free WiFi hotspots so you could try using those when out and about and it may also be worth you calling in to an O2 store to get a free SIM swap, just in case there is an issue with yours. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Gordon581
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the advice. I hope you're right. Cant afford a new phone just now. I'll pop in to request a new sim to see if that helps. Never considered that!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Worth atry @Gordon581 

but if it is network congestion, there's not much else you can do unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4