Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 3 wont connect to phone network

StarGazer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Guys,

I've tyried everything, resets, reload the Sim etc etc and I still cannot get my Galaxy watch 3 to connect over the LTE network. 

My phone is a Galaxy note 9 and there were no problems scanning the eSim and applying it to the watch.

Any help would be much apprecuated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@StarGazer 

You are not the first to have this issue.

General consensus is that there is an update required from Samsung to allow the watch to function away from your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

StarGazer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5 and thanks for responding.

In desperation I took my watch to the O2 shop in Leeds Trinity. The manager there was great and spent a fair bit of time with me trying all the usual stuff - resets etc. 

Between us we worked out that O2 had put me on the wrong plan! There is a distinkt lack of knowledge across O2 here that's causing confusion.

We found that there is a "Smartwatch" plan for £5/month with 1Gb data. He applied this to my account. We rescanned the e-sim and my watch was up and running in less than 10minutes! It works just fine and I was receiving and sending urgent calls about the Google outage whilst out and about yesterday without my phone. 

The problem is that that tarrif is hidden away and only O2 sales staff can see it. O2 if you read this PUT THE DAMN SMARTPHONE TARRIF ON YOUR SHOP WEBSITE!!!

It will save a LOT of wasted time and confusion.

Best regards Tony

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Thanks for the update @StarGazer 

That should be a help to others with the same problem thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4