Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 3 - LTE version - Searching for network

Natnrg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

Having a nightmare and main o2 support number have told me 3 different things.

Background

1) Purchased galaxy fold 2 and galaxy watch 3 LTE directly from Samsung.

2) Found that 02 supported LTE version of watch.

3) rdered pay monthly sim from 02 and ported number.

4) Called 02 and was told i needed Esim to use on watch if wanting to use on standalone mode.

5) Esim issued via customer service, then transfered to "Sales" to add the plan. Was told by sales that nothing else was needed, and just to activate sim and rest would be sorted.

5) Was sent Esim and activated via galaxy wearable - plan seemed to be added to watch. This was done using intructions on https://www.o2.co.uk/samsung-watch

The Fun

This is now where the utter confusion starts.

Watch displays Standalone mode - searching for network - after lots of fiddling around, manage to get a "network connection" in the form of the standard little bars, but says emergancy calls only.

I phone 02 and they advise i need to add the £5 watch tarrif to the plan (I though i had already done this in step 4 above. I add the plan to my account via a phone call, and then reset watch (using wearable app). Same issue - Emergancy Calls only.

I phone 02 back, and they say they can see the £5 tarriff attached to account and to wait 24 Hours for it to be activated.

I wait 24 hours, still the same, so i phone 02 again and customer service say they cannot see the £5 plan added to account (even though 2 people say they can see it added before). They add it to account - i then to remove "mobile plan" from galaxy app and reset watch and i am told this will activate it.

Start the whole saga again, scan QR code, then back to "Standalone Mode" and Searching for nework....so no further forward.

Can anyone help? Beyond furstrating......

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Natnrg 

I'll ask one of our account advisors to help you

@O2Georgina  are you able to assist here?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@Natnrg  I apologise for the confusing situation, At this point data plans for samsung watches can only be set up in the o2 store, I know this is not available at the moment due to store closures but when they are open they will be able to assist.

signature
Message 3 of 6

Natnrg
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the promopt response.

That was not what i was told when I took out the original pay monthly contract by your sales team - i was told i could do with 202 or customer services. I have therefore been mislead in the original contract sign up (i do have copy of the chat if required). 

Can we please move this to email or private message as i dont want to discuss in a public forum.

Kind Regards,

Nathan 

Message 4 of 6

MickyBlue
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Natnrg ,

Your post is identical to what I went through a month ago with O2. Over 2 weeks I had almost daily calls with them to get my Watch 3 to work. Unfortunately, no one knew what they were doing and each person I spoke to had a different idea on how to set it up. It took a week before anyone even thought to set up the £5 a month plan. Also, no one over the 2 weeks said I needed to go in to a store to set this up. My worst situation was when I had 2 physical sims sent to me, and at one point was asked if I had tried the sim in the watch! At one point, one of the support people cancelled both of my numbers (yes, I had 2 phone numbers, 2 physical sims and 2 esim vouchers) and left me without a working mobile for 24 hours until I called again to find out what was happening.

I joined O2 at the beginning of Feb as Tesco Mobile don't support watches. I was with O2 for just over 2 weeks, had enough of the awful support and left for Vodafone who totally knows how to set up the Galaxy Watch.

I hope you are more successful than I was with O2.

Message 5 of 6

Natnrg
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for feedback on your experience Micky! 

The most amuzing part for me was when a bloke sent me to the link where i could check the opening times of my local store...only for my response which was "Your website clearly tells me all the UK shops are shut.."...Each team member at 02 has told me something different! 

The problem is now i am stuck with an 02 on 12 month contract, and no suppot on watch for another month (or until stores open).

Ill give @O2Georgina another 48 hours to rectify, otherwise i will have to cancel the contract and move elsewhere (ps thanks for your tip)....

Kind Regards,

Nathan 

Message 6 of 6