Did you mean: 

Facebook and Candy Crush

Rocky-55
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear 02 Community 

A couple of weeks I did a survey for Life Points by email using my recently bought Samsung A10 mobile phone.  I was then asked by Life Points if I wanted to do the App and I would get more points.  So I clicked to do that and it downloaded.  Before I did this it said log in using Facebook and I clicked yes.  I did feel a bit worried but I have logged into other things using my Facebook log in.  My The survey on Lifepoints wanted to keep a log off things people do on their phones I think and something flashed up saying it isn't secure but I still did it.  Something else then flashed up saying about passwords.  I then clicked on something to change my mind about doing this and Lifepoints asked me why and I put something like not secure.  A few days later I couldn't do something on Facebook and it said I had shared my Facebook password.  I then looked into my settings and I saw that various i phones and another phone had logged into my Facebook account and I was so upset.  I messaged Facebook saying what happened about Lifepoints and I also clicked onto some of these other devices.  Every time I clicked onto a device which wasn't mine Facebook told me to change my password.  I had already changed it once that day and then changed it again after clicking on one of these iphones it was showing which wasn't mine.  I didn't click on them all because I didn't want to keep changing my password.  

I also started playing Candy Crush again recently after not playing it for some years.  I used to mainly play it on the computer but played a few games using my mobile phone.  There were other people coming onto my game playing it with me which worried me a bit.  Those other people I think give you other free goes and I clicked onto help them.  I am now wondering if it was this which compromised my Facebook account.  

I did message Lifepoints who said it was not them and that I should message Facebook.  It is difficult to send messages to Facebook and I could only report the devices and I am sure I did mention about Lifepoints.  

This has left me worried now because I know Facebook have put a temporary ban on me tagging people on competitions.  I hardly ever do online competitions.  I put a free security on my phone 360 but that ran a scan and it even said there could be a risk with 360 and it said Candy Crush and other things.  I also put Messenger back on my phone recently which I think is not safe because two of my friends got their Messenger accounts hacked.

So sorry for a complex question but I am concerned now and not sure how to keep my phone safe.

Many thanks.

Best wishes

Rocky-55

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Rocky-55 

Delete all your rubbish, ie Facebook, Lifepoints, Candy Crush etc then download Malwarebytes and run a full scan which will identify any malware which needs to be deleted.

In future, do not login or sign up to rubbish such as that above and change all your passwords for safety.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Rocky-55 did you get this sorted out? In case you need any additional help, here’s an O2 help page related to malware. You can find even further links on there regarding safety information.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 5

Rocky-55
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lukas B 

I haven't do it yet but I will get my husband to help me.  

Thank you so much for the information you have sent me.

You are all so kind.

Stay safe and well.

Best wishes

Rocky-55 

Message 4 of 5

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Please keep us in the loop and let us know @Rocky-55 kissing_closed_eyes

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5