Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sim

Ww1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just purchased an iPhone 12.  I'm on pay monthly, I want to add a Spanish sim and use the dual sim facility.  How do I do this please and what kind of sim should I get.  Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Ww1 

You need to convert your O2 sim to an eSim which leaves the physical sim slot free to insert any other sim card.

Call O2 or call in store to get your O2 eSim for free.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Ww1 

You need to convert your O2 sim to an eSim which leaves the physical sim slot free to insert any other sim card.

Call O2 or call in store to get your O2 eSim for free.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Ww1 

When we are allowed back into Spain you will need to buy a Spanish PAYG sim. You just insert it into the other sim slot.

There are numerous phone shops in Spain. The network is usually Movistar.

When you buy the sim you will need your passport with you. If you go to the phone shop without your passport, you won't be allowed to buy it. (Spain are really strict on sim and phone security.

Most of the shops speak English so make sure they insert it and get it working before you levve the shop.

You will be able to top up online bearing in mind the website will be in Spanish. Or you can do top ups instore.

Edited to remove last sentence yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3