Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Debbie53
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Iv been with o2 for many years and Altho I now spend a lot of time abroad iv not been able to use my data when not in my home using my home WiFi 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

First off check your APN settings (ones that tell your phone how to connect to the network for data) are correct @Debbie53 .

This link will show you what it needs to be for both iPhone and Android.

https://theroams.co.uk/providers/o2/guides/internet-settings/

2nd, if you are an iPhone user check with o2 customer services if you have the iData bolt on - this tells o2's systems you are on an iPhone as some things are slightly different.

Then a new sim could help if yours is quite old - again ask customer services (or your local o2 shop) for a new one.

Finally what country are you visiting and are you connecting to the correct roaming network?

See this guide for more info:

Guide: O2 Contract with O2 Travel Inclusive (75 Free Countries) and (33 x ¬£4.99 per day Countries) 

Guide: Your guide on how to use O2 Travel 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie53
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

😱

Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

First off check your APN settings (ones that tell your phone how to connect to the network for data) are correct @Debbie53 .

This link will show you what it needs to be for both iPhone and Android.

https://theroams.co.uk/providers/o2/guides/internet-settings/

2nd, if you are an iPhone user check with o2 customer services if you have the iData bolt on - this tells o2's systems you are on an iPhone as some things are slightly different.

Then a new sim could help if yours is quite old - again ask customer services (or your local o2 shop) for a new one.

Finally what country are you visiting and are you connecting to the correct roaming network?

See this guide for more info:

Guide: O2 Contract with O2 Travel Inclusive (75 Free Countries) and (33 x ¬£4.99 per day Countries) 

Guide: Your guide on how to use O2 Travel 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3