Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage map

MrGadget
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good afternoon, I've just ordered a Samsung S21 5G with unlimited data. I did this despite knowing that my property falls outside the "good outdoors" signal footprint. I'm literally 1 Street up from where the shaded portion of the map ends , so my question is , how accurate / I forgiving is the O2 5g coverage map? Will the next street along to the last one under the "good outdoors " umberella stand a chance of 5G outside ? I'm thinking yes it will if I position myself strategically.
Please help
Thanks !
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@MrGadget The coverage map is only a computer generalisation. You shouldn't trust its accuracy. If you find that you are falling outside the coverage area when you receive your phone, you have 14 days to change your mind and return it. You may also find that none of the other networks give you any better coverage. You can try Pay & Go sims from all the networks to see which is best for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@MrGadget The coverage map is only a computer generalisation. You shouldn't trust its accuracy. If you find that you are falling outside the coverage area when you receive your phone, you have 14 days to change your mind and return it. You may also find that none of the other networks give you any better coverage. You can try Pay & Go sims from all the networks to see which is best for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Pjwill
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I live in Clanfield , Hampshire. The coverage map show no 5G coverage anywhere nearby. However, there is some limited 5G coverage which seems to come from a local cell tower. Its generally better outside but nevertheless its nice to receive downloads of some 75 Mbps downstream and 15 Mbps uploads.  So the coverage map may be inaccurate. 

Message 3 of 3