Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use new phone after blocking old one

DaBiscuit
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there. I recently lost my phone so have replaced it with the exact same phone. Staff member at the shop said I could use the same number. I have put the SIM card in the phone and it says o2 in the top left, but I cannot make calls or send and receive texts. I cannot see my phone number either where it should be in settings. o2.co.uk/swapmysim did not work and I cannot text 20220 to do it either.

Please help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@DaBiscuit 

If you reported it lost or stolen to O2 they will have placed a bar on your account.

You need to contact O2 to remove it.
All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Did you report the phone AND the sim as lost?
If yes, then you would have had your account frozen/barred as well as the sim being barred.
You need to call customer services (you can use Skype to do so as it is an 0800 number) and ask them to unbar both.
How to use Skype (and the number to use):
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3