Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken screen

Victoriatoms
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Was playing with the kids and dropped my phone and now have a lovely green and purple line right down the screen itself. Is there anything I can do ? I can't really afford a repair at the moment, which I don't even know how much it would be
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Victoriatoms 

The only fis is a new screen unfortunately.

Local repair shops will be cheaper than O2 or the manufacturer but may invalidate your warranty.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Victoriatoms 

You have obviously damaged the LED display on your screen.

So it needs a change of screen. If you don't have insurance to cover this, then you will need to pay.

If you don't want to send it off to O2, then you should check the mobile phone repair shops in your area and see what prices they would charge.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

O2Tommy
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Afternoon @Victoriatoms
It unfortunately sounds like your screen and digitiser are broken. Do you have it insured anywhere like house or bank insurance perhaps? O2 provide a free assessment and quote service. If you don't like the price you can have your phone back. Is this of any interest to you? Let me know and we can get you some help...
signature
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Oooops, my post should have read "fix" not "fis", sorry wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5