Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boostbox

JDLH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello – I have been trying desperately to find a way of talking to customer services about getting a boost box installed. For mobile phones at the same address, and the reception for all of them is absolutely terrible, I’ve tried calling customer services twice this morning and education the line dropped, including just now I’ve got to speak to somebody. To receive a text for lively one has to walk up to the back of the garden and stand on a hill. Coverage checker said we should have better reception than this. How do I get a boost box or signal booster installed? We are desperate to the point that we may need to leave the network.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JDLH 

You wont be allowed a boost box, unless you have a business account. Sorry about that Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JDLH 

You wont be allowed a boost box, unless you have a business account. Sorry about that Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

JDLH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is really unhelpful. I switched from Vodafone when moving house because O2 coverage checker showed better reception here, but Vodafone would have supplied a signal booster!

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JDLH  Looks as if you made a mistake in moving networks then. This is O2's business decision, I'm just relaying it to you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JDLH 

Vodafone have stopped supplying femtocells now.

All networks rely on customers using wifi calling https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@JDLH 

You can pay for one yourself and the install yourself have a look on ISPreview and on sites such as https://www.boostersdirect.com/

costs start at around £300 plus installation...

Signal is never guaranteed in a building due to the number of permutations with houses and construction methods.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6