cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt on

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you may be able to see from my previous questions I was told that my bolt on data would roll over automatically to the next month if I had anything left over.. but it hasn’t & I need it urgently! I definitely had data left over so what am I suppose to do now? 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@O2Emma 

Can you check this please.

We've always understood the customer has 31 days to use the snack bolt on but it seems @Anonymous is now being told you can't?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 21

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 No problem the top up data is valid for 30 days from purchase date so will be there to use it all for 30 days even if not in sync with anniversary dates so should roll over if it has not all been used. If the data has not been used within the 30 day period then you would loose what is left . This would mean cannot save the spare data up this would not roll over after the 30 day period.

Hope that helps .

o2Emma

signature
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t understand what you mean by syncing with anniversary dates I wasn’t told nothing about this before! As you can see from my previous question and answers. I was ensured that with the EXACT deal I wanted to purchase that it would AUTOMATICALLY roll over without me having to do anything! So now even after multiple phone conversations that was no help I am suffering the consequences of this not happening such as being charged extra for using my data because it wasn’t carried over like I was told! So unless I am given the rest of my data that I specifically saved then I have no interest in staying with this mobile provider as I don’t appreciate a service that doesn’t fulfil its promises or take responsibility for the information I’m given from its platform!

Message 13 of 21

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@O2Emma 

Thanks for confirming what II thought to be correct.

@Anonymous 

Not in sync with your anniversary date means that your bolt on rolls over to the following month for 31 days after purchase, so if your anniversary date is the 1st and you bought the bolt on on the 15th, it is valid until used up or up to the 15th of the following month, but as I said previously, you must renew your tariff on the anniversary date and roll over doesn't happen if you change tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

“So if I purchase the £6.50 deal today I will have 2 month to use 500mb of data? Yes”

“Yes a bolt on does roll over for another month (If anything left)”

Was both the ONLY answers I got in regards to my question again nothing more was explained to me so I was made to believe I would get TWO MONTHS with that deal automatically with nothing having to be done on my side but now the stories changing! And changing providers will give me much better deals then here on o2 is clearly a rip off that don’t follow through on promises!

Message 15 of 21

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous 

I've never told you anything different than you get 31 days usage.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

BE07EB70-232C-427F-B132-9DF9D33D9484.jpeg

93E4A703-10A7-42D1-8577-392764AFCA2A.jpeg

UNUSED DATA WILL ROLL OVER FOR 1 MONTH ONLY IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID TO ME SO HOW ABOUT YOU COPY YOUR O2 FRIEND IN ON THAT AND ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS YOUR CERTAIN ON THE ANSWERS TO BECAUSE THANKS TO YOU AND OTHERS ON HERE GIVING APPARENT INCORRECT INFORMATION I LOST ALL MY DATA THAT I SAVED AND ALSO THANKS TO THIS I WILL NO LONGER BE STAYING WITH O2

Message 17 of 21

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

How to cancel here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Currently using:
Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not even an apology wow I’ll tell you what the only thing that needs cancelling is you LIAR!

Message 19 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

To be fair @Anonymous 

You failed to read the terms of the bundle, and I did tell you it doesn't roll over. 

This forum is not Customer Services but a customer to customer forum, and all information is given in good faith.   

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 20 of 21