Did you mean: 

Blacklisted

MartinB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I have purchased a Samsung S8 G950f and found that it is blacklisted, I did a proper search and found that it was blacklisted by o2 (UK) on 28/05/2018 at 10:44:33am.

As you can see, the phone has been on the blacklist status for a long time (almost 3 years), also the phone doesn't have much life left because Samsung doesn't have any plans to put the S8 on Android10, herefore I am pleading with O2, to please remove the blacklist status from this device so that I can enjoy using the phone. If this is not the correct department can you
please forward this message to someone that can help, I hope that this can be resolved?

If you need to contact me by phone, my number is 
Email: 

Kind Regards
Martin Bartram.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

You need to return the phone to the seller

it's blacklisted for a reason

More than likely it's been subjct to an insurance claim and O2 will not remove the bar

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

You need to return the phone to the seller

it's blacklisted for a reason

More than likely it's been subjct to an insurance claim and O2 will not remove the bar

Message 2 of 7

MartinB
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately, I have purchased this phone from a market stall and is unlikely for that stall to be there again, I was hoping that because it was blacklisted 3 years ago that o2 could remove that status if they don't, then it's not fere for people that unknowingly buy blacklisted phones, is there any service that I could use to clean this IMEI number, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Nothing you can do with it.
It's completely useless as a phone and incidentally a criminal offence to trade blacklisted phones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MartinB 

Why are you certain the market stall won't be there again?

I'd go back and check. If they are there at least you will get your money back.

As said, it's  criminal offence for anyone to sell blacklisted phones. The market seller 'may' be innocent in this. He could have bought a working phone in good faith and the seller could have reported it lost 2 days later and claimd from the insurance.

It's nothing to do with O2.

Some insurance company has paid out for the 'loss or theft' of that phone and that's the reason it's been blacklisted to avoid it being sold on as part of a scam.

A lesson learnt the hard way sadly.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

redpola
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. Sorry to butt in.

I recently bought a refurbished iPhone from Vodafone which, to my surprise, arrived blacklisted. They’ve said they will “remove it from the blacklist” but I’m worried that this won’t remove it from the blacklist of my desired carrier, Sky (O2).

I’m on this forum specifically to investigate how I can get O2 to un-blacklist this phone.

I saw your post and was shocked. If it is a criminal offence for vodafone to sell me a blacklisted device, shouldn’t I be contacting the police?
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
O2 won't remove it if they have blacklisted it.
Just send it back for replacement.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7