Did you mean: 

Bar placed on SIM-free Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus

ac8787
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

In 2019, I bought a SIM-free Samsung Galaxy J4+ from Carphone Warehouse. In that same year, I was offered a pay monthly SIM by 02. However, due to ill health, I reported that the SIM card that was being used in the J4 had been damaged, and was sent out a replacement - which was forgotten about due to the medication I am required to take.

I then intended to sell the phone, but the buyer promptly returned the phone informing me that the Samsung wouldn't work with any network. I then ran a check on the phone using the IMEI number [Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!] and I discovered the phone had been blacklisted.

To cut an already long story short, I phoned 02 Customer Services who informed me that a bar had been put on the phone - which was bought by myself brand-new and unlocked - as a result of me reporting that their SIM card had been damaged.

It has now been over 36 hours since 02 said they would lift the bar on the phone, and nothing has changed. I have tried everything that I was advised to do - including restarting and switching the phone off and back on.

I am furious at this, and would appreciate any advice.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

I'll ask @O2Lisa to help in the morning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @MI5.

I'll message you privately @ac8787 and look in to it for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3