Did you mean: 

BT Wifi

MaryM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, my Alcatel 1 connects to my BT hub for wifi when I'm at home

Last week I needed to call Green Flag urgently from home and tried their app, it wouldn't work as it said I had no internet connection

Sure enough, the phone had lost my router so I tried the BT Wifi connection as I am a paid-up BT broadband customer on contract

BT Wifi shows up on my phone but I can't log in, I've used the same BT login credentials for years and they work fine on this computer, but the phone rejects them

In the end I ran out of time and had to call Green Flag on my landline

Later on when I had time I reset the network on the phone and my home outer reappeared, but I wanted to get the BT Wifi working as I thought I was able to use that away from home and didn't realise I couldn't log into it

I've installed the BT Wifi app and it makes no difference

BT say the issue is with the phone

Any ideas, please?   Couple of phone shots attached to illustratenetworks.JPGbt wifi.JPG

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MaryM Probably best if you asked Alcatel: Support | Alcatel Mobile | TCL Communication

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MaryM
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thanks, I'm working my way through from BT to O2 to Alcatel. next on the list!
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MaryM 

Login to your router settings and ensure the settings are correct for the secondary BT WiFi profile. 

It is separate from your secured private connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You login through the BT WiFi app which then automatically connects you to public BT WiFi hotspots.
All BT home routers can be setup to transmit a public WiFi hotspot.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

MaryM
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, thanks for these replies some of which I hadn't seen as I did solve the problem which was with the Android BT Wifi app

Because my BT account is very old, my BT ID was not my BT e-mail address, and so while Windows allowed login to BT Wifi using an ID which is not an e-mail address, the app does not and repeatedly threw out my login attempts as 'invalid credentials' because my ID was not my e-mail address

Evidently BT Support did not know this, the only people who did are BT Wifi Support who are a different support division

They told me how to change my BT ID, which I did not previously know was possible, and doing so fixed the issue

All down to fragmentation within BT

Message 7 of 7