Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audible Activation link no longer valid

Hannahlpk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've been an o2 customer for several years, and just upgraded with a new contract. I chose to have the 3 months of Audible subscription as my free 'extra', but when I click on the activation link, I get the error message 'It looks like your activation link is no longer valid. You might find the reason HERE.' 

I just called 202, and the operator sent me out a new link for this as she confirmed I had not activated my current one- but the new link gives me the same error. 

Is this because I had the free 3 month trial with my last new contract? I can't think of any other reason why it would consistently not work.

Many thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Hannahlpk 

The fact you had Audible with your last contract should have no effect on the new one. (I had Disney for 6 months on a sim only contract. I upgraded when Disney finished and had a further 6 months free with no problem)

The only people who can help are O2 so you need to call them again I'm afraid. All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Hannahlpk 

The fact you had Audible with your last contract should have no effect on the new one. (I had Disney for 6 months on a sim only contract. I upgraded when Disney finished and had a further 6 months free with no problem)

The only people who can help are O2 so you need to call them again I'm afraid. All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Corm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There is a clear issue here with users that already have an audible account as this means your activation links do not work. They only work if you don't have an active subscription.

If you change your contract and have been paying for audible as a bolt on, this cancels your audible subscription. BUT you will still have X days valid on the last month you paid, if you try and click on the activation link before this period ends, it will fail. So either wait til your account is fully lapsed which people don't really want to do or O2 need to sort something out with Audible on having it simply extend active customers. All painful and have spent 45 mins on hold trying to resolve it when I figured the issue out for myself.

Message 3 of 3