Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch - error code 04

Tun76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently bought a new iPhone from apple. I paired the watch to the new iPhone. I went to setup mobile data, but gave me error code 49. After hours on the phone to 202, I got nowhere. After an hour in an o2 shop, I was told they had it sorted, and I had to wait 24hours for them to reconnect the data plan to my watch. 
72hrs later, I received a text to say my watch has been connected to Apple Watch airtime plan. 
So went to setup the data plan on the watch app, this time I get told error code 04, and still can’t connect….

can anyone help with this. The Apple Watch has only been associated with the same phone number. I’ve tried resetting Watch and repairing since, and the phone etc etc but getting nowhere. A week later I’m no further forward, an am tied into a paying for a service that I can’t use!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Tun76 

2 things you must have are a direct debit setup to pay the bills from and wifi and 4g calling active and turned on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The watch is still associated with the previous phone

Customer service need to unattach it from that phone

Message 3 of 6

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Tun76 did you manage to sort this issue yet?

Message 4 of 6

Tun76
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, still isn’t sorted. I spent 3hrs on the phone to o2 on Saturday as they kept hanging up after 30mins. Finally spoke to someone that says they call me back within 3 days…

Message 5 of 6

Tun76
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Received a phone call today. There were 2 e-sims registered to the watch. Took all of 5 minutes before I got the text to say it’s all sorted. If anyone else has this problem, be patient and persistent, and you’ll get it sorted in 9 days…

Message 6 of 6