Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch and data

Gemma9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have an Apple Watch series 5 and only for unlimited data. When setting up the watch it says my account is not eligible for a data plan. I have tried in pairing and re pairing the watch. I have had my account checked and iData is enabled and the accounts are connected. O2 have asked me to post on here again. Thanks
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Leyla
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 75 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
Hello Gemma, do you have a apple watch data plan which costs £5 a month and is the watch cellular?

If both of these are correct and you are still struggling to pair I would suggest booking in with a guru in one of your local stores (the guru service is free) you can do this on our website who will be able to assist with the pairing of your apple watch.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

O2Leyla
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 75 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
Hello Gemma, do you have a apple watch data plan which costs £5 a month and is the watch cellular?

If both of these are correct and you are still struggling to pair I would suggest booking in with a guru in one of your local stores (the guru service is free) you can do this on our website who will be able to assist with the pairing of your apple watch.

Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Gemma9 wrote:
I have an Apple Watch series 5 and only for unlimited data. When setting up the watch it says my account is not eligible for a data plan. I have tried in pairing and re pairing the watch. I have had my account checked and iData is enabled and the accounts are connected. O2 have asked me to post on here again. Thanks

I'm really confused why customer service who can access accounts, send customers here where we cannot access accounts.

Clearly your account is not set up correctly and it needs sorting by customer service.

I would also suggest that iData is not setup or it just has been, in which case you may have to wait 24 hours.

If it still won't allow you to add a data plan tomorrow, call customer service again and remind them that it's their job to service customers rage

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Gemma9
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. I actually questioned it when they sent me here because even I, who is not that technically minded understood that it was an account issue. The whole thing has been very frustrating. I just kept getting sent here there and everywhere! I will book in to see a guru in store and speak face to face with a person!
Message 4 of 5

suedix
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI interested in your post because we had the same thing last year, went round the houses because the apple watch we purchased wouldnt pair to my sons iphone.  In the end - we were advised to return the apple watch, buy another one from o2 so that o2 had to resolve it.  It took till nearly Christmas but it did pair when it arrived with no problems.  Trouble is, my son has now had to reset his apple watch and the bloomin thing won't pair again, giving the same message as last time.  I really dont want to go through the visits to the store, the hours on the phone again!  Help!  We wonder if it's to do with his iphone having my name and email address on it on the o2 but his actual phone setting to his email address?

Message 5 of 5