Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel 1 e-mail

MaryM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi again, I finally got the back off my new phone by warming it up, it's now set up and mostly working how I want it, but I had a problem today with e-mail

I've installed the BT e-mail app, today I needed to show an e-mail to get into a place I'd bought a subscription, I connected to their guest wifi and I could see the message in my inbox but it wouldn't open

previous e-mails opened ok, but not the one I wanted, no error message, just did nowt when I tapped it

i was refused entry and had to come home, when I connected to my home wifi the message opened no problem

any ideas please?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MaryM 

The connection at the venue was not working so your phone couldn't download the email data.

You could have tried on your mobile data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

MaryM
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks.  I have used a Windows tablet all over the world for e-mail on multiple hotel/boat/airport systems, if there's ever a problem with the wifi connection you just can't log in, you get a 'no internet' message against the wifi account.  I rarely need e-mail away from home in this country (where I use a desktop with Windows) and expected it would work when the phone said the guest wifi connection was on, the inbox came up and some of the messages opened.  So the connection dropped between opening those and failing to open the one I wanted?  I didn't think to use mobile data because when I checked the connection in 'settings' it said it was on.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MaryM 

It could be "connected" but very slow so larger emails would struggle to download and time out before completed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

MaryM
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

struggling with this!  it is a single page message, no pictures or attachments.  I am going to have a fight with them to get my money back, I produced a hard-copy booking confirmation but they wouldn't honour it without proof of purchase, which nobody had mentioned so I hadn't printed outlido voucher.jpg

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MaryM 

Can you just not go back again now you have the email downloaded?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

MaryM
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They are on pre-booked slots (Covid restrictions) a week in advance, so I'd lose a week of the month's sub

anyway, that's not for you to have to solve!  thank you for trying, I would never use a phone for any application where I can get hold of a computer (40+ years in IT) so when something doesn't work the way I expect it, I don't know if it's me being a twit or Android being different. 

Message 7 of 7