Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice please, I bought wrong 02 sim

Art9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a Doro 1360 big button no internet mobile phone for my elderly brother who is in hospital. I bought an 02 Sim and put £20 on it just for calls. I set the phone up and it said balance £20, but after a short while and without using the phone, it said balance only £5 credit. It seems now that I bought the wrong Sim and £15 is for internet, but phone does not have internet. Is there anyway I can change it to put the £20 just on calls, any advice would be appreciated, thank you

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Art9 

Afraid  not, and o2 don't offer a calls only sim card anymore on PAYG, but the bundle your brother has is only for 1 month and includes calls and texts. 

If you want a sim just for calls you need to look at Tesco Mobile or GiffGaff

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Art9 

Afraid  not, and o2 don't offer a calls only sim card anymore on PAYG, but the bundle your brother has is only for 1 month and includes calls and texts. 

If you want a sim just for calls you need to look at Tesco Mobile or GiffGaff

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

Art9
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much for your kind reply, i will look at getting a calls only sim from giffgaff or Tesco as you mentioned. I hope I can buy one online and to be delivered to me rather go to a store. Thank you for your kind help.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Art9 

The cheapest PAYG currently available is here https://www.1pmobile.com/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Art9
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

1pmobile looks great and ideal because no internet required, so just calls only for my poorly elderly brother.
No hospital visiting allowed at the moment so I just want something that he can use in his hospital bed so we can speak to make his life a bit easier and to tell him that I love him everyday. thank you for your kind advice

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Best wishes to you and your brother @Art9 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Art9
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much and best wishes to you also

Message 7 of 7