Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating 5G

SD2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello, I have two different phones on the O2 network, both iphone 12. While travelling in London, I noticed that one of them has a 5G signal but the other one did not, even though they were within inches of each other. They are both on similar airtime contracts and both pay monthly. Can you please explain why one has 5G and the other does not?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SD2
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Bambino , thank you for replying. Good call on sims. I just googled it and they are both 5G sims but the mobile data setting for both is set to "5G Auto" which means if the battery is low, then it won't switch to 5G. It's possible that the battery was too low to switch to 5G at that time.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@SD2 Do you have 5G sims in both phones? That's the only reason I can think of.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

SD2
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Bambino , thank you for replying. Good call on sims. I just googled it and they are both 5G sims but the mobile data setting for both is set to "5G Auto" which means if the battery is low, then it won't switch to 5G. It's possible that the battery was too low to switch to 5G at that time.

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Nice one @SD2. Glad you were able to find an answer. My reply to many who post here is 'Google is your friend'. Looks like it was yours.😉

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4