Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account fraud

wwwadd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I discovered that my account had been hacked after I thought I was speaking to O2 about upgrade options. I realized very quickly that I had made a mistake and contacted O2 by phone. I was told that phone orders had been made against my account but that the call handler would cancel them.

This didn't happen.

Subsequently, I discovered that the fraudsters in addition to ordering two phones had also changed my data and phone plan to a 45gb no limit deal.

As I continued to receive messages and emails from O2 saying they were going to deliver the orders to my address so I contacted O2 again The call handler confirmed that I had changed my account password and security question but advised that they couldn't prevent their delivery but that I should refuse to accept the phones when they are delivered.

I spoke again to O2 yesterday and was advised that someone from their security department would contact me. I've had no contact from them in the last 24 hours

I was advised that although my contract plan had been changed there wasn't anything they could do and the account could only be amended by someone from O2's Security Fraud department.

I am 70 years of age and I am afraid that I might have to confront someone trying to intercept the phones when they arrive at my address I cannot understand why the order couldn't have been just cancelled.

There appears to be no way of speaking to O2 fraud department and I am being left to deal with the situation on my own.

Anyone with any advice please

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122818 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@wwwadd 

I'll ask our O2 advisors to help here @O2Lisa @O2Richard  are you able to assist please?

Edit spelling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff.

I'll private message you now @wwwadd so I can look in to this for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello @wwwadd 

Terribly sorry to hear what has happened to you. 

I am sure that o2Lisa will try and help in this situation.

Don't forget you can call the Police too.

Hope everything is sorted out for you 

don't put yourself in danger.  

Good Luck.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@wwwadd Please see this link: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2