Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Dongle Issue

JoeLeonard
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been using my dongle perfectly for about 2 months.

It has not suddenly stopped working.

I plug it into laptop, the green light comes on and then the cyan light, so i know that it is connected to network but nothing appears on the laptop and I dont know how to activate it again?

I know that I have plenty of data, i have checked, I have also checked the sim is in properly.

And nothing.

Before, I inserted the dongle, couple of seconds later the internet pops up to show that it is connected.

Now, I plug it in and nothing happens.

As far as I know I have changed nothing. Any help to get this working again would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, it could be the signal strength. If so, try connecting the dongle to a 10 - 15cm USB extension lead and it will work just like an aerial, improving the signal and the speed. Make sure you sit your laptop near a window too.

If that fails to work, try a Network Connection Test. That sometimes gets it going again.

Hope this helps 😀

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@JoeLeonard 

What tariff is the sim on that you are using?

O2 only allow data only sims in dongles.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3