Did you mean: 

4G Calling - receiving calls

Jack95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I am currently in a property with no wifi connection and little to no phone signal, but I have 4G on my phone. I need to make and receive phone calls, does 4G calling facilitate me being able to receive and make normal voice calls without any signal problems?

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Jack95
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh okay. I think I may be a little stuck then. Looks like my only solution for now would be switching to 3G (if I can even get that) and using Facetime/Whatsapp to make calls...

Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jack95 If you can't get any 4g/3g or phone signal at all then I would suspect maybe a temporary problem in that area as 3g is very widespread. 

Sound obvious I know but have you tried restarting your phone? 

Message 12 of 17

Jack95
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes it's odd, as I thought that too. When I put my postcode in the 02 website it says that there is good phone signal and 4G in my area, but it has been like this since I've moved into the property about 2 weeks ago...

Message 13 of 17

Jack95
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes it's odd, as I thought that too. When I put my postcode in the 02 website it says that there is good phone signal and 4G in my area, but it has been like this since I've moved into the property about 2 weeks ago...

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jack95 Have you tried a different O2 SIM, it probably wont make any difference but it's maybe worth a try. 

Message 15 of 17

Jack95
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep, as my girlfriend is having the exact same issue. 

Would something like this help? - https://www.mobile-signal-boosters.shop/repeater-66/?provider=6&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2cSlzIOn9AIVeZBoCR...

Can I definitely not use this without being on 02 business? As it doesn't say anything about that within the description?

Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jack95 As with any booster, it only boosts the received signal, if there is no signal to boost then it will not help at all. 

Message 17 of 17