Did you mean: 

4G Calling - receiving calls

Jack95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I am currently in a property with no wifi connection and little to no phone signal, but I have 4G on my phone. I need to make and receive phone calls, does 4G calling facilitate me being able to receive and make normal voice calls without any signal problems?

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Jack95 

Wifi and 4g calling are part of the same add on so as long as wifi calling is active on your account and you have a 4g signal you can make and receive calls.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Jack95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info.

It turns out that I also have little to no 4G in the property, so browsing the internet and making or receiving calls is almost not possible.

Would a product such as this help me? - https://www.boostersdirect.com/product/pro-mobile-booster-voice-and-4g-lte-300-sqm-2/

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jack95 Hi, as far as browsing the internet goes, if you can't get 4G you could try changing to 3G in the phone settings, this often provides a better connection. 

Message 4 of 17

Jack95
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But my problem is, is that I also need to make and receive calls, so if I change to 3G, then I won't be able to turn on 4G calling. But obviously I don't have 4G within the area, so I'm looking into potential solutions to boost the 4G and signal in my property. 

Do you think the booster will work in my circumstance? - https://www.boostersdirect.com/product/pro-mobile-booster-voice-and-4g-lte-300-sqm-2/

Thanks!

Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jack95 

Unfortunately, O2 only allow boosters for business customers.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jack95 , I realise that, but you also said that you can't get the internet either so I though you might want to try setting to 3G for that purpose. 

Message 7 of 17

Jack95
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's good to know, thank you. At least then I may be able to make and receive calls through Facetime/WhatsApp.

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jack95 If you can't get 4G at all is unlikely that any type of booster would help.

Message 9 of 17

Jack95
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah right, okay.

Message 10 of 17