cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my home WiFi when no mobile network is available

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just rejoined O2,

My home has no telephone network available. 

I have downloaded the O2 home app but cannot see where I can connect to my WiFi.  

Is this the app, or is there another I must use?

Edit:  I now find that the App is called TU go. The bad news is that it is discontinued !!!  So what do I do? I am a SIM only user with a dual sim Android 7 Elephone S7. Apparently I can load O2 firmware onto some phones and then use the new O2 firmware to use the new O2 solution.

Will my phone be one of them? How do I find out? How do I get the firmware? Will it work?

After two appalling years with Three which cost me around £ 60,000 in lost sales orders it looks as though this may be even worse.

So this feels like a nightmare in the making. I have just signed for a £29 each month service because Three couldn't get me home service. Although I knew that O2 can, as I thought, I was unable to remember the app name and so find the app (see above).

Now it looks as though I may have spent £348 on a Service that is no use to me.

By the way, I don't live on some remote island in the Outer Hebridees. I live a ten minute walk from the business and commercial centre of Newcastle. This is all because the telephone companies refuse to invest in a decent service.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using a mobile phone to run a business is seldom a great idea.

However, this is a one man business, located in NE England and SW France (two homes). I am away from home in other countries for large parts of the time whilst working. A building-based phone would be completely impracticable.

Surprised at your experience with Elephone. I have had a really good experience with mine. I agree about Malware though. It took me the best part of the first week of use (at about two hours a day) to clear it all off. Once that was done it has been no issue.

Why oh why do the UK phone companies not provide dual SIM phones?

Message 21 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is Three that I just left.

The Three in touch app repeatedly loses its settings and then you need access to 4G or 3G to "reprovision it". Since have neuther at home that isn't much use really. Their help desk says that it only needs WiFi to reprovision, but that is untrue.

They also sent me a booster for the unusable 4/3/2 mast near my home. It doesn't work for more than a couple of weeks before collapsing. So that's another hour and a half on the phone to India whilst they re-register my phone on their database and go through the setup routine (which I can now do in my sleep). A few weeks later off we go again. I sent it back in the end.  Worse because it shows a green light that tells you that you are connected when you are not.

Message 22 of 22