cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Screen iPhone 4 valued at £17 by O2 for recycling? Keep our Sony Vaio VGN-CS21S/Red Windows

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Greetings and Happy New Year MMXVIII - 2018 A.D.

Thank you for your e-mail O2, and for offering an O2 Themed Hoody. I already have a blue hoody, so I will just think of it as my O2 Hoody. So this is done. Thanks again for thinking of my, mid-winter, a bit on the cold side.

We also already have a broken screen iPhone 4 with an O2 Telefonica Single Inline Memory Chip inside the unlocked phone, which connects to the British Telecommunications Home Hub 6 on WiFi, so I was able to spend some time on trying to download the My O2 App from Apple's iTunes, and trying to download the Apple ITunes, recently de-installed from our Sony Vaio VGN-CS21S/R - are you following this?, as I am touch typing with some speed, and some typing errors, I have just typed tough, instead of touch!!??, to be told by Apple Inc. California, that Windows Vista is not supported by iTunes, and it will not download onto our Sony Vaio VGN-CS21S/Red.

However, McAfee/Intel Minority Shareholding?49%, and British Telecommunications has managed to include a McAfee virus protection into our BT telephone service, for which we have paid a £367. Three hundred and sixty seven punds sterling United Kingdom currency wuarterly phone bill!!??. I have tried to download this McAfee software for about twenty times last year, and it never worked, now, with the opening of the new North American United States Embassy to the United Kingdom, the BT/McAfee/Intel Dowload has just worked!!?? Great.

We just need to get continued support for all the Microsoft Inc. computer operating systems indefinitely. My first home computer had to be hard wired, Budapest, 1965? maybe, and was able to count up to eight!! in binary code. My Father had incorporated it into the Master Controller of his Model Railway installation sucessfully! He build a great, and complicated model railway installation, electrified railway tracks on low voltage, from my/our Christmas Gifts from the family, which was placed under our Christmas Tree, lit with real candles!!, from at least 1951 onwards. My second home computer was a word processor linked to the television for display of text and letters, etc. and kept the information on Japanese, not Philips mini audio casette voice/music recorders. All hand held. My third home computer had an upright A4 Black on White Screen, a Xerox 850 word processing, letter writing system. It was very bulky and noisy but it worked really well, used daily by a very nice intelligent Lady.

So, Happy New Year MMXVIII - 2018 A.D., and try to get My O2 working on a broken screen iPhone 4.

Cheers for now.

Sir Stef

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm trying to work out the question here, but I think you are asking if you can install MyO2 on an iPhone 4?
If so, the answer is no as the app requires iOS8 which only goes as far back as the 4S.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm trying to work out the question here, but I think you are asking if you can install MyO2 on an iPhone 4?
If so, the answer is no as the app requires iOS8 which only goes as far back as the 4S.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous  Must admit I read the title and the post...and then left it for someone else to answer.:smileywink:  As above, I wasn't sure of the question (or even if there was one at all...)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I'm still trying to figure out what getting charged £367 from BT to download McAfee software onto a computer, and the opening of the new US Embassy has to do with anything related to O2? At least I think that's what the OP said......?

I believe the expression is mad as a bag of cats.Crazy

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

I believe the expression is mad as a bag of cats.Crazy

Or 'mad as a box of frogs' @Bambino..joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m still trying to figure out this question but I’m guessing going by the title that the OP tried 2 recycle an iPhone 4 that a broken screen & that O2 would only offer £17?
Message 6 of 10

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m still trying to figure out this question but I’m guessing going by the title that the OP tried 2 recycle an iPhone 4 that a broken screen & that O2 would only offer £17?

This is what i was thinking question was going to be

Then when i read post was totally baffled lol

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You won't get £17 for it now though.

recycle.PNG

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had that initial thought myself that it’s not worth anything anymore because In my local fone customise they do iPhone 4 screen repair for between £10-£20
Message 9 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Happy New Year to you too @Anonymous! slight_smile

Let us know if you have any further questions the community could help you with and if you got all the info you needed?

Message 10 of 10